What are hdri images:
HDRI is short for High Dynamic Range Image. these images in the context of a 3d artists are images that contain lighting information of an image and that information can be used in a 3d scene.
today finding good hdri images is very easy as there several websites like the ones listed below, but have you ever wanted to just stick to the hdri images that come shipped with blender, i mean they have good resolution and sometimes they have the exact lighting effect you want for your scene.
here are steps on how to use the builtin hdri images in blender
- go to the viewport shading render in the viewport header menu on the top right side of your screen
- open the viewport dropdown menu and turn off the scene world setting
- you should now be able to preview your render with the built in hdri image
- to make it possible to render in the final image, you need to setup the same hdri in the world setting
- so add an enviroment texture in the color setting of the world and navigate to the builting hdri folder which is located in your blender installation
- folder path: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.3\3.3\datafiles\studiolights\world
- select the image and use
where to download free hdri