this is a breakdown of the project, screenshots, files and references or sources used
here is the original version done in cinema 4d
- the animation was based on a curve, i animated the trim of the curve using geometry nodes
- added thickness to the stem of the flower using curve to mesh with a custom profile for more detail
- instanced the leaves on to the same curve using the curve to points and instance on curves nodes
- created the flower petal animation as a seperate object,
- instanced that object onto the top of the curve, to make sure it was only instanced at the tip of the curve i used the end selection node for the selection input in the instance on points node.
- to add the bounce effect, i used a math node with a sine operation to create a looping bounce effect and applied that to the rotation of the leaves and petals.
- notice how the camera movement adds to the sale of the animation
- i also used some light gobos in the animation to get some nice looking shadows and lighting
this uses two grunge textures blended together and fed into the roughness node, then some color and transmission set to 1, to make it look like glass
project files: gumroad: https://esmiles.gumroad.com/l/vsfuue patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/84243325/